Business, Management, and Administration
Which pathways are offered?
We will offer the following pathway:
- General Management [PDF]—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Consultant
- Office Manager
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$37,230/year
- Administrative Service Manager—$90,050/year
- Human Resources Manager—$106,910/year
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016 Edition.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam