Business Management and Administration
Which pathways are offered?
We will offer the following pathway:
- General Management [PDF]—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Consultant
- Office Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$37,870/year
- Administrative Service Manager—$94,020/year
- Human Resources Manager—$110,120/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam