Which pathways are offered?
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)—This pathway prepares students to work under the supervision of licensed health care professionals to perform direct basic nursing care in medical settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics.
- Pharmacy Technician—This pathway prepares students to assist licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Advanced Practical Nurse
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Registered Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Nursing Assistant—$28,530/year
- Registered Nurse—$71,730/year
- Pharmacy Technician—$32,700/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Health Assisting Exam
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification
- Pharmacy Technician certification