Which pathways are offered?
We will offer the following pathway:
- Health Informatics [PDF]—This pathway prepares students for careers in medical settings such as hospitals, mental health facilities, community health clinics, private offices, and surgery centers. Students can prepare for industry certifications in medical billing or medical transcription.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Records Technician
- Health Information Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Medical Transcriptionist—$35,250/year
- Health Information Technician—$39,180/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate Certification Exam
- The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHNI) Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist (RHDS) Exam