Which pathways are offered?
We will offer the following pathway:
- Programming and Software Development [PDF]—This pathway prepares students to learn computer languages, create software programs, maintain computer systems and software, and help others solve computer program-related issues. Within this pathway, students can focus on one of two programs of study: Python or CSS/HTML5.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Software Developer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer Programmer—$82,240/year
- Software Developer—$103,560/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Computer Programming Exam
- Certiport Programming and Software Development Python Exam
- Certiport Programming and Software Development CSS/HTML5 Exam