Access important information for the Internet Service Provider (ISP) reimbursement process here!
The ISP reimbursement request window for Semester 1 of the 2019–2020 school year is now OPEN. Survey submission is needed by Monday, January 13th, to be paid in January. Submissions after January 13th will be mailed in February.
As you begin the process of requesting your ISP reimbursement, please read through and follow the instructions below and complete the survey below:
Consistent internet access is a necessity for success at Insight PA Cyber School. Therefore, Insight PA provides an internet reimbursement for each family as outlined below.
Families receiving a “hotspot connection” from Insight PA are not eligible for the Student/Family Internet Service Provider Reimbursement.
• The School will reimburse a family $35 per month towards the costs associated with their child(ren)’s Internet access. This is a per family reimbursement based on the household address.
• Families will be reimbursed in January for the months of September, October, November and December.
• Families will be reimbursed in July for the months of January, February, March, April, May, and June.
• Families whose students have extended school year, as per their IEP, will be reimbursed in September for the months of July and August. Students whose ESY services require internet access are eligible for this reimbursement.
• Families will be asked by Insight PA to verify their mailing address in advance of the reimbursement checks being issued. A family’s check will not be issued until a family verifies their address.
• Families must be in good standing and in full compliance with the school. Examples of non-compliance include:
- Non-verified home address
- Incomplete or missing charter school enrollment form (original or revised for address change)
- Non-return of laptop or other technology or curriculum material (ex. defective or from a previously enrolled child)
- Graduation-related holds
- Incomplete or missing student health forms and documentation
- Any other non-compliance, provided the family has been told in advance that the failure to comply with the school’s request could lead to a hold for non-compliance.
• Students must be actively enrolled at the time the check is issued in order to be eligible for the reimbursement. The families of withdrawn students are not eligible for reimbursement.
Exception – When a family does not re-enroll for the upcoming school year, but the student completed the current school year. (i.e. the July payment for January – June) In these circumstances, the family is still eligible.
• Reimbursement will be pro-rated to reflect enrollment dates that do not include the entire school year.
Verifying and following up on criteria may result in a delay in payment.
Requests for reimbursements for 2019-2020 school year must be provided to Insight PA no later than June 30, 2020. Requests received after that date will not be considered for reimbursement.